Below is the list of required documents for minors crossing the border. This list is defined by the Order № 57 from January 27, 1995, issued by Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Please, read carefully the information below as it will help facilitate your crossing the border in Zaporizhzhia International Airport.
Children, leaving the territory of Ukraine with their parents or guardians
Citizens under 16 can leave the territory of Ukraine by consent of both parents or legal guardians accompanied by them or any designated persons, who is 18 at the time of leaving.
If a minor leaves the territory of Ukraine accompanied by one of the parents
Citizens under 16 accompanied by one of their parents or another person designated by one of the parents by a written consent affirmed by a notary can leave the territory of Ukraine if they have a written consent from the other parent affirmed by a notary that indicates a destination country and the length of stay in this country, in case the second parent is not at the check point.
No written consent from the other parent is required in case:
- The other parent is a foreign national or a stateless person, the fact of which is confirmed in the birth certificate, and who is not present at the check point;
- In minor’s passport for travelling abroad it is indicated that the person is leaving for permanent residence outside Ukraine, or there is a stamp of registration in a diplomatic mission or a consular office of Ukraine abroad;
- Submitting of documents or their notarized copies:
- death certificate of one of the parents;
- court decision on deprivation of parental rights of the second parent;
- court decision on recognizing the second parent gone missing;
- court decision on recognizing the second parent legally incompetent;
- court decision on issuing permit to leave the territory of Ukraine to a citizen under 16, without consent and escorting by the second parent;
- birth certificate issued by a registry office, with indication of the reasons for lack of information about a father, in accordance with part 1 Art. 135 of the Family Code of Ukraine (in case the child is accompanied by a single mother).
Orphans and children deprived of parental care travelling abroad
Orphans and children deprived of parental care, aged 16, can leave the territory of Ukraine if:
- they reside/stay in healthcare or educational establishments – upon submission of a written notarized consent from a head of the establishment and accompaniment of a person, designated by the head;
- they live in family-type children’s home – upon submission of an original agreement on establishing a family-type children’s home or its notarized copy and accompaniment of foster parents or one of them;
- they are under custody according to a decision of child-care authorities – upon submission of an original of the decision on caretaking or its notarized copy and accompaniment of a caretaker or a trustee;
- they are under custody according to a court’s decision– upon submitting original of the court’s decision or its notarized copy, and accompanied of a caretaker or a trustee;
- they are put under patronage by child-care authorities according to an agreement on patronage into another person’s family (guardian) until reaching 18 – upon submission of an original of the agreement, confirmed by a signature of a duly authorized person of a local city administration or city council, and sealed, or its notarized copy and accompaniment by a guardian.