Customs and Passport Control
Passengers departing from Zaporizhzhia International Airport shall undergo customs control after check-in. Depending on the items that passengers carry with them they have to choose Green or Red Corridor for customs control.
(without filling in customs declaration)
If a passenger has no:
- cash, that belongs to a legal entity
- precious metals
- weapons, ammunition, explosive substances
- drugs, psychotropic substances
- poisonous substances and medication
- radioactive substances
- objects of cultural value
- objects of flora and fauna, their parts and products extracted from them
- high-frequency radio-electronic devices
- printed editions, audio-visual and audio-recording materials, other data storage devices
- commodities, total commercial value of which exceeds equivalent to 10 000 euros, cash equivalent to 10 000 euros
List of items which are considered as passengers’ personal belongings:
- items of personal hygiene and individual cosmetic items in amount that is sufficient to meet personal needs over a period of one trip;
- clothes, underwear, footwear meant for personal use and with signs of such use;
- personal jewellery, including precious metals and gemstones that have signs of use;
- individual stationary;
- one camera, one video and film camera along with justified number of films, videotapes and accessories;
- one portable projector and accessories along with justified number of slides and/or videotapes;
- no more than 2 portable musical instruments;
- one portable audio playback device (including a tape-recorder, a dictaphone, a CD-player, etc) with justified number of films, CDs;
- one portable radio;
- no more than 2 cel phones;
- one portable TV set;
- no more than 2 portable personal computers, peripheral equipment and accessories;
- no more than 3 flash-drives;
- 1 portable typewriter;
- no more than 2 calculators, e-books;
- medical items of individual use for life support and control it with signs of use;
- prams according to the number of children who pass the border with their parents, in case there are no children with a passenger – no more than one pram;
- one wheelchair per a disabled person, who passes the state border of Ukraine, in case there is no disabled
person – no more than one wheelchair;
- medication that is transferred (sent) through the customs of Ukraine in order and amount, defined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- no more than 2 watches;
- 0,5 litre of eau de toilette and/or 100 ml of perfumes;
- Sports equipment – a bicycle, a fishing rod, a set for mountaineering, a set for scuba diving, a pair of skis, a set of tennis rackets, a board for surfing, windsurfing, a set for golf, and similar equipment to be used by one person;
- Special food for children suffering from phenylketonuria or another disease that requires special food
which is not produced (not sold) in Ukraine, that is transferred (sent) through the customs of Ukraine in order and amount, defined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- Other goods, which are meant to meet day-to- day needs of a person, the list and amount of which are defined by the laws of Ukraine.
If a passenger fails to keep the abovementioned rules, they will face a fine 100 of times non-taxable incomes. In case the objects of violating are goods prohibited or restricted by Ukrainian legislation – these objects shall be expropriated.
In case the things transported by passengers exceed established norms, they shall declare them. This should be done by filling in a customs declaration at a desk of customs declaration. Upon checking in, passengers go to customs check area through Red Corridor.
While filling in customs declaration a passenger shall submit accurate information on the items, their names and number/amount.
Dear passengers! Below you can find rules and the list of documents required for facilitation of the crossing of the border of Ukraine. The list of documents is defined by Order 57, issued by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Please, read carefully the information below:
Documents, that allow passengers to cross the state border of Ukraine:
- Passport of a citizen of Ukraine for travelling abroad
- Diplomatic passport
- Service passport
- Travel document of a child
- seafarer’s ID
- crew member’s pass
List of documents for crossing the state border of Ukraine by foreigners and stateless persons
- Foreign national’s passport
- Document that certifies the right to return to the state of citizenship/permanent residence (in case a passport was lost on the territory of Ukraine)
- Ukrainian visa (for citizens of states with a visa entry)
Be aware that ID-card identifying personality of a foreign national does not allow crossing the state border of Ukraine.
Confirming availability of sufficient financial provision
Entry to Ukraine, stay on its territory, transit through its territory for foreign nationals is done in case of availability of sufficient financial provision or potential ways to get such provision legally on the territory of Ukraine.
Availability of sufficient financial provision is checked by authorized officials of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine selectively, in case of holding the procedure of control of the second line.
What to do in case you loss a document which gives the right to cross the border
In case of passport loss on the territory of Ukraine foreign nationals and persons without citizenship
shall immediately inform a hosting party and police in order to get a confirmation certificate. In order to leave Ukraine’s territory you should use a passport or a certificate for return issued to foreign nationals and persons without citizenship in a consular office of your country in Ukraine.
Detailed information on passport control can be found on the official web-site of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine: dpsu.gov.ua